Sunday time change

Last night was the biannual time change. By setting the clock backward one hour I was able to trick myself out of bed at 7am this morning...genius, I know! My "roommate" and I had been talking about going on early morning bike rides on the weekend, we decided today is the day. Today also happens to be the once a month Alameda Antique Faire thus, a perfect day for a long bike ride. What wasn't unexpected was the dense fog we encountered when we left the house. The dense fog made being on the bike very cold, it didn't help that I was wearing a sweater that did nothing to block out the dampness and wind. Riding along the Oakland waterfront in the early morning was so peaceful and relaxing. I felt like we had the whole fog cloaked city to ourselves.


We stopped for breakfast at Jim's Cafe in Alameda, it's this quirky old school diner with booths and counter seating. The walls were covered with black and white photos of the old San Francisco. The food was typical diner artery cloggers, but not bad at all. We continued on our journey to Alameda Point after being filled with bacon and eggs. By the time we got to the antiques fair, the parking lot was already filled with cars and a long line of people at the ticket counter. The fairground was full of vendors selling everything from junk to beautiful handmade furnitures imported from Brazil by Accent Brazil. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, saw some interesting chairs, but I've already reached the limit on the number of chairs I need right now. (There are currently 2 chairs in our storage space besides the 4 chairs in our apartment.) Although it was fun to browse, the closest I came to making a purchase was early on the day. But thankfully the roommate talked me out of the impulse buy.


I was too disgusted by the porta-potties at the fair and waited to use the indoor one at the Michaan's Auctions room nearby. I will have to come back in the near future to experience first hand the excitement of being in an auction.


I got too lazy to ride all the way back, so we took the train from the Fruitvale station. There was some kind of family friendly festival going on with Ferris wheel and ethnic food stalls. By this time I was tired and couldn't wait to be home, so there was no partaking in the fun. It's been a fantastic day and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to end the weekend.


Here are some photographic evidence of our morning adventure and encounter with designer meat...







Comments

Popular Posts